Saturday, January 2, 2010

Machines & Some Quick Sketches

I did these few quick sketches during some brainstorming sessions to find ways to incorporate mechanical parts into our existing feline model. I also throw in some character studies I did.


The first option I came up with is to replace the back portion of the feline with exposing mechanical parts. I want the front to retain the organic feel of the feline, so people will still be able to recognize it as a cat, unless that is not what we want.


The second option is to simply have inner mechanisms exposed on parts of feline's body to suggest the cat is mechanical.


I do not have a sketch for the third and last option, which is an exoskeleton that will be put over cat's body. I do not like this idea because it sort of take away cat's nimbleness and make it into a clunky awkward killing machine.


Let me know what you think. : )


One response to “Machines & Some Quick Sketches”

Crispy said...

Wow Markov! These are incredible! I really like the idea that the cougar's back end is mechanical. I'll definitely bring in the cougar model for the
next meeting.

Leave a Reply